Wednesday, April 11, 2012


Growing up with a brother, he was always into the newest game station or video game. I however did not find that stuff as entertaining. I loved to play with dolls and stuffed animals with the occasional board game. I also loved going on the computer to play games. When I found out about this website, it was everything I loved.

Neopets was a site in which these cute animals lived in their own world. As their owner, I had to feed them and keep them warm and healthy. In order to do this, you would have to play games on the site. With these games, you would win coins. These coins represented money. In this virtual world for the neopets to live in, I would go shopping for all of the necessities that my neopets would need to survive. Often, my neopet would not like my food of choice. The goal would then be to pick out the best snacks so that my neopet would be as satisfied as possible. Under each neopet, there would be a status stating if the neopet was ok or hungry or anything else.


It would get very competitive too. I would compete with all of my friends to see who could have the most neopets and who could keep their neopets alive and happy the longest and who had the most coins and highest scores in the games. In the game, it was an alternate reality for us to have interesting animals as pets and they could have anything they wanted as long as I earned enough coins.

 

This is somewhat similar to Second Life or SIMS. Both of these are online virtual worlds where you can create who you want to be and how you want your life to be. Only with neopets, it was with exotic, cute animals. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with my neopets. Sometimes, I wish I could remember my login information so that I could experience a part of my childhood all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment